Master the Boston style of project management from authors experienced in practice, teaching, and research.
You will learn:
- The foundations of Project Management, explained with dozens of examples.
- What works and what doesn’t.
- The processes and knowledge areas in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (The “PMBOK”), with critical analyses.
- How the latest research applies to your project.
- Advanced Project Management concepts to monitor and control projects.
Version 2.1 of The Second Edition (June 2014)
is now available
- The text was edited to correct typos. Thanks to all our students who pointed them out.
- We added a new Chapter: Chapter 13: Explaining it to the Stakeholders, which includes
- TCPI, which was in Chapter 12 of the previous version.
- The new topic of Schedule Estimation.
- Besides the new chapter, there are some minor additions to the content: A discussion of the difference between the plan, the scope and the spec (Scope Chapter); an example of a Pareto Chart (Quality Chapter); a Risk Breakdown Structure and contingencies and management reserves (Risk chapter); and a Priority Matrix Template (Picnic Templates Chapter).
The Second Edition:
- The text is entirely updated to be consistent with the PMBOK 5th Edition.
- Part IV covers the Process Groups, Processes and Knowledge Areas. The inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of each process are covered in detail.
- There is a new case study, the Graduation Picnic Project, to which all readers can easily relate. The case is comprehensively illustrated with templates for all processes.
- There is a new visual tutorial for Microsoft Project® 2013. Walk through the essentials of creating a schedule, estimating the cost, and tracking project progress.
The eBook Version for the iPad is available for purchase from the Apple Store. The eBook edition contains the content from the First Edition. The eBook version for the Second Edition is in development.